The Kid Cooks insisted on
- French Toast
- Easy breakfast that each could make on their own
- Doable on a school morn.
Dad insisted on something that didn’t require managing the stove before we were awake enough to be very alert and attention deficit meds haven’t kicked in! Hence this recipe came about. We’ve tested it this summer and they are ready to put it in the regular rotation this school year.
(Update 9/10 – This works really well with Texas Toast too!)
Enough for 1 person
- 3 slices sandwich bread
- In medium bowl, mix completely:
- Crack 1 egg
- ¼ cup half and half, cream, or milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron (medium – #4 on our iron)
- When preheated, lightly spray waffle iron plates.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, in batter and place on waffle iron.
- Gently close waffle iron to cook.
- Wait until iron tells you toast is done (or a little longer to your liking).
- Remove toast to plate.
- Turn off & unplug waffle iron.
- Serve with syrup.
Note: If someone is using the iron after you, they may not need to spray again.
Dad HH’s Creation
pdf version of recipe >> Waffled French Toast