Our middle Kid Cook originally learned to make coleslaw from the back of a package. One night I ran out to exercise and left the slaw to be made by the family. Curious, he looked at the package and asked if he could make it according those directions.
Since then we have developed our own recipe so we always have a handy vinaigrette slaw ready to go. What an easy side dish to learn to throw together!
Serves 4 – 5
Large mixing bowl
- Prepared Coleslaw mix, 14 to 16 ounce bag
- In mixing bowl, place
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard, any kind
- 2 Tablespoons oil, vegetable or olive
- ¼ cup vinegar – any type
- Whisk mix in bowl until combined completely
- Pour in slaw mix
- Mix slaw with dressing using large spoon
- Let coleslaw sit for 15 minutes or longer before serving. Stir every once in a while.
Dad HH’s Creation
pdf version of recipe >> Vinaigrette Coleslaw