Variety at breakfast time is hard to come by. And the Kid Cooks get bored with repeating the same ol’ things week after week. So I adapted this family favorite so the c
ooks could do it. They have …
- prepped and baked this recipe ahead, then reheated portions in the morning at breakfast time
- prepped it ahead and baked it the next morning per directions
- made it for dinner as part of a “breakfast for dinner” meal
Makes 3 servings
Cutting board and knife
8 inch square baking dish
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch size)
- 1 + ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Red pepper
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- In small bowl place
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Lightly spray glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Chop red pepper to make ¼ cup
- Lay out tortillas on counter. Divide evenly among the tortillas:
- All shredded cheese
- All chopped peppers
- Roll each tortilla and place in a row in the baking dish with seam down
- In blender, mix completely:
- Cracked eggs
- Flour/spice mixture
- Pour mixture over rolled tortillas in pan
- Cover dish with aluminum foil
Can stop here!
Put in refrigerator until morning.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Leave covered with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes (45 minutes if from fridge).
- Remove foil and bake additional 10 – 15 minutes
- Remove pan from oven; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve two enchiladas to each person with salsa or other toppings, if you want.
Adapted from Best Recipes from American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts
pdf version of recipe >> Breakfast Enchiladas