One of the easiest things to learn to make is a soup. As we approached colder months, it made sense to have some soups in our toolkit as well. However, long simmering soups like chili won’t work because of the patience needed and the attention to the stove. So this soup is created with simple tasty ingredients that come together in a short time period of time.
Makes 3 servings
3 – 4 quart pot and cooking spoon
Knife and cutting board
- 1 onion
- ½ pound (8 ounces) Polish sausage (Kielbasa)
- 5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ cup white rice
- ½ cup milk
- In a small bowl, place
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- Chop onion
- Cut sausage into bite size pieces
- Blend tomatoes in blender until smooth
- Heat pot over medium. When hot, add oil to pot.
- Cook onions 3 minutes in pot.
- To onions, add
- Cook for 2 minutes; stir all of the time.
- To pot, add
- Bring to boil. When boiling, turn heat to low and cook 15 minutes
- Add milk to pan. Cook 3 minutes.
- Turn stove off. Serve.
Dad HH’s Creation
pdf version of recipe >> Sausage Rice Tomato Soup