The Kid Cooks use this recipe at least once a week to make an egg sandwich for breakfast. It’s an easy and quick way to make an egg. Most importantly they don’t have to be on top of their game first thing in the morning to fire up the stove and heat up a pan.
Makes 1 serving
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir with fork completely:
- 1 cracked egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Cover egg with plastic wrap or microwave food cover.
- Microwave for 45 seconds*
- Use fork or rubber spatula to mix egg, breaking up all pieces.
- Cover and microwave 45 seconds more
- Remove carefully and let sit for 1 minute
*Our microwave is only a small 700 watt machine. More powerful microwaves may require less time.
pdf version of recipe >> Microwave Egg
To be completely honest about this recipe, we have taught the cooks a pinch of salt and pepper. In our house, the salt and pepper sit out.
For other recipes, they measure teaspoons straight from these dishes. In this recipe they just take a true pinch. And they have learned the hard way what is too much of either!