This is a lighter egg recipe that makes a great weekend breakfast. Unlike quiche that typically has a crust and more add-ins, the texture of this dish is fluffier and makes for an enjoyable meal, even a lighter feeling dinner. If you don’t eat all of the servings at one time, leftovers can be easily rewarmed in the microwave.
Recently, we enjoyed “breakfast for dinner” where one son made this egg pie, another cheesy biscuits and I added homemade turkey sausage. That is what I call yummy collaborating!
Makes 3 servings
Large mixing bowl
Cutting board and knife
8 inch square baking dish
- Roasted red peppers (in jar) or regular red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 6 eggs
- In large bowl place:
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Chop roasted peppers for ½ cup
- Crack eggs one at a time into small bowl. After each egg, add to the large bowl of other ingredients.
- Add to large bowl after eggs:
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped peppers
- Olive oil
- Whisk completely.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 35 – 45 minutes, until tests done.
- Remove pan from oven; let rest for 5 minutes. Turn oven off.
- Cut into three servings and serve with toast and fruit.
Adapted from Rise & Shine: Better Breakfasts for Busy Mornings by Katie Sullivan Morford
pdf version of recipe >> Breakfast Egg Pie