The Kid Cooks get tired of snack crackers in the afternoon. They have often already had a yogurt cup at lunch; fruit isn’t enough for growing teenagers; and we don’t want them learning to eat junk as a filler. This provides a quick dip they can make and eat that extends the fruit and remains on the healthier side. Leftovers can be refrigerated and used tomorrow.
Makes 3-4 servings
Medium mixing bowl
Fork or Rubber spatula
- ½ banana
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Three ¼ cups of plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash banana in bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to banana in bowl.
- Mix completely with fork or rubber spatula.
- Divide into servings.
- Serve with fruit or graham crackers to dip.
Adapted from Rise & Shine: Better Breakfasts for Busy Mornings by Katie Sullivan Morford
pdf version of recipe >> Snack Dip